Guest Blogging for Stuff Dutch People Like
We are very excited to finally be able to offer the possibility of guest posts on Stuff Dutch People Like. Thank you for your patience!
We’re now looking for brilliant contributors to join our ranks. If you’re an exceptional writer and have something interesting, funny and/or unique to say about Dutch culture, this might be your chance to have your writing read by over 300,000+ readers!
Due to the high level of interest in guest blogging on our site, we have outlined below our guidelines for submission. By following the guidelines carefully you will have the best chance at being selected as a guest blogger.
The nitty gritty details
Above all, your post must be of interest to the Stuff Dutch People Like audience. The core of any article on our site should celebrate Dutch culture. This “theme” however is very broad and can cover a wide range of topics. Your post can be written in a humorous tone or with a more journalistic approach. Whatever suits your story best! Don’t shy away from news, research, top lists, Dutch fashion, food, design, brands or popular culture!
Your post should:
- have a killer title
- have an introduction that attracts interest and pulls the reader in
- use headings, subheadings, bold font for key sentences and bulleted lists (where appropriate)
- be between 800 – 1200 words
- link to at least 2 posts already published on Stuff Dutch People Like
- be original content; posts cannot have been previously published/posted elsewhere. We only want fresh and new for our readers!
- offer links to a few suggested images in your submission (that are rights-free or Creative Commons). Better yet, send us some of your own images to include!
Your name in lights
This is your chance to reach over 300,000+ blog readers and many MANY more friends on social media. It’s a massive readership, and if selected, you will be in the company of the best of the best. Don’t forget to include an author bio at the end (about 40 words). You can link to your blog or social profiles. Example: Jip Jansen is a freelance writer and blogs at yourblogaddress.com a blog about blahdiblah blah blah. Jip loves long walks, pottery and swiping right!
The not-so-fine print
As standard with all guest blogs, we retain the copyright of all material published on Stuff Dutch People Like. Guest posts become our intellectual property. We will, of course, always attribute the source of guest posts with your name and links to your twitter profile, blog, etc.
Want to get this party started?
Please email hello [at] stuffdutchpeoplelike [dot] com with the following:
- your completed post in a Word Doc
- image files (with attribution) in a separate folder
- your short author bio including a maximum of two text links (to your own website, blog, social channels, etc).
If your article is fabulous and checks all our boxes we will respond to let you know your post will be published!
If you have questions, feel free to drop us a line! You are always welcome to send us your ideas for feedback first!
All the best! We look forward to working with YOU,
The Stuff Dutch People Like team